Check out this link to find out more information about Supreme Court’s ruling concerning DACA
We know that everyone is struggling through these troublesome times. We would like to add some relief by sharing these resources for you to take advantage of.
Please stay safe, healthy and help other stay safe and healthy through social distancing and self quarantine if possible.
COVID-19 Best Practices and Resources
-Facts About COVID-19 In Your Language: English, Español, 中文, kreyòl ayisyen, Português, Tiếng Việt
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) advice for the public from the World Health Organization
- Cleaning and Disinfectant Guidance For COVID-19
- Information about COVID-19 from MA Dept. of Health
- Daily updates of the number of COVID-19 cases in Massachusetts
- Boston Public Health Commission information about COVID-19
**Regarding Health Insurance:
- City of Boston Website
- Allston-Brighton Community Calendar– Updated daily with changes, cancellation and alterations
Food Distribution Locations:
*Food Access Weekly Schedule(LINK FOR FOOD DISTRIBUTION SCHEDULE)
- BCYF Jackson/Mann — 500 Cambridge Street 10am-3pm
- Oak Square YMCA — 615 Washington St 8am-12pm
- Brighton High School — 25 Warren Street 8:30am-11:30am
Here are more pictures from the wonderful event that the Mayor attended at our school to hear from immigrant entrepreneurs. Pictures courtesy of the Mayor’s Flikr Account.
On February 4th 2019, Mayor Marty Walsh attended our ESOL program to hear from some from our students in the Entrepreneur class.
Here are some photos from the incredible night of our students with GPA faculty, local officials, ESOL staff and our amazing entrepreneurial students!
**Some more photos can be found posted on the Mayor’s flikr account: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bosmayorsoffice/albums/72157712986980623
I am thrilled to announce that GPA’s Adult Education ESOL Program will be partnering with Flatbread Company for our third annual Community Night!
Please join us on Tuesday, January 28th for a pizza and bowling fundraiser:
-Flatbread Company Brighton at Boston landing
-76 Guest Street, Brighton
– 5 pm until close
– $3.50 of every large pizza purchase; $1.75 of every small pizza purchase goes to our program
***takeout orders are included and delivery is available through Grubhub
– Raffle prizes include 2 tickets to a Red Sox game and BC gear
All funds raised will support local adults learning English. If you are unable to attend, please consider sending a donation to us at: Gardner Pilot Academy Adult Education Program, 30 Athol Street, Allston, MA 02134. Check out our website: https://gpaesol.com.
We hope to see you there! Please spread the word!